Friday, June 29, 2007

My Abbey, part chi and part Terrier


This is my Abbey. Great dog too. Abbey was supposed to be full-blooded chihuahua. My oldest daughter gave her to me about 4 Christmas's ago. She suprized me, knowing that I was hunting for a chihuahua. Abbey was bought up in Oklahoma from a home breeder. She was supposed to be a long-hair. As Abbey started growing up, I was at the vet one day and I noticed that Abbey was starting to look a little different. Other than Chihuahua. One day, I went to visit my daughter and we went to see the breeder, because I wanted to see the parents. Yes, mother was chihuahua. Father was running around too...and he also was chi. However, the lady had one big terrier dog running around of which she claimed to be "sterile". Well, I had a big laugh once I got back into the car and headed home. My Abbey looked just like the terrier, the one that was supposed to be sterile. I love Abbey and she is a wonderful dog. She is kind, gentle and has all the characteristics of a chihuahua......but her father HAD to have been that "supposed sterile" terrier. She looks exactly like him now, and she is 4. Lesson here is that when you are looking for a chihuahua....make sure you do alot of legwork and check out your breeder. But the final word here is that no matter IF she is not a full blooded chi, she is still the best darned dog a girl could have. She has been one of THE BEST dogs EVER !!!! And I am so glad that I have her.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I just adopted a chi terrier from the Humane Society. Looks much like Abbey. Max is only about 10 weeks old. Wondering how much Abbey weighs at her age. Thanks

Unknown said...

I just adopted a chi terrier from the Humane Society. He is absolutely precious. Was wondering how much Abbey weighs and is she full-grown.

Magaritas said...

Abbey is about 10 pounds....she is about 8 years old. I have to keep an eye on how much she eats though because she had gained some and I had to cut back the food a little til she got back into shape.

Unknown said...

Thanks for your reply. Abbey really looks a lot like Max, color, coat a facial features. He loves everyone, especially the grandkids.