Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Keeping Up With Rabies Shots

Well, this past Saturday I took my Prissy dog to get her rabies shot. I wrapped her up in her favorite blankie which helped so much and proceeded to get her that rabies shot. I thought that things would go horribly because she just isn't one who likes to hold still. I picked her up and held her close to me, and much to my suprize, the shot was done and over with so quickly that she didn't even bat an eyelash. Wow, that was so done and over with fast !! Not knowing if she would blossum up like my Shorty dog does after a shot, I made sure to have some benedryl on hand in case she needed it but she didn't. The shot actually made her really hyper and she ran around for a longer period of time than normal, but she finally settled down and went to bed for the night. Having your dog's rabies shots are important, and they don't have to cost a fortune. I got ours through our local feed store, which worked out perfect....however, if your dog has other issues, visiting your local vet is always best.

No comments: