Saturday, August 28, 2010

Bella And Demodectic Mange

With each new day, Bella brings some sort of antics and laughter to my world.  This dog has such a cute and innocent face, but she's anything but innocent. Not only did she come into our household, she's a permanent fixture. I have been dealing with an issue that's not very pretty though....Bella ended up with demodectic mange. It is something that seems to be passed down from the mother. I was, of course, devastated. She got the scraping done, it was positive, so........ upon much researching, I went ahead with the ivermectic in cherry syrup method. It worried me, but I wanted her to be clear, so, I went ahead.  It was about $35 for the bottle, but it lasted more than a month. She loved the taste so it wasn't hard to give. I can report now, that after all is said and done, she is CURED!   well, hopefully for good.  Her coat is such a black and shiny one, as she's been eating Nature's Variety. I also add a small spoon of soft dog food to her meal once a day, but she is doing great.  I am so happy.  She is going to get spayed on Sept. 1st, so I am a little weary and worried because she is only 3 lbs, but she has grown so much. I don't think anything is going to get this little gal down...she's too mean!  and she's already been through so much....lol

2 comments:

Nadine, Chewy and Lilibell said...

You must post some updated pictures of her, please!!

Magaritas said...

I will update with pics soon. promise!