Thursday, September 02, 2010

Bella Got Spayed!

Bella's probably mad at me wondering when all this vet visit stuff is gonna end. She finally got cleared of her demodectic mange, and yesterday, she had an appointment for her spaying. I took her in at 7am and my daughter, who just got a job at the clinic, brought her home last evening.  She has only one stitch on the outside but it has to be kept dry and not covered, and in 9 more days, she will get the stitches out. In the mean-time, she is wearing one of those horrible, nasty head things so she won't clean her stitch and cause infection. I had to work today so she got stuck wearing it today but tomorrow I am off and I am going to take that darned thing off so that she can have some peace....although, I wonder if I take it off, will I have trouble getting it back on her again? I just don't like it at all, and neither does she. I don't want her to take a chance at getting an infection though.....those 9 days will be long ones for sure.
However, I am glad that it's done.  I will no longer have to worry about my Shorty dog thinking he's gonna get lucky. lol.
Have any of you had experience with that darned cone thing that keeps them from licking the area?  I guess I am gonna have to get used to it, until her stitches come out, but honestly, I will more than likely HAVE to take it off while I am home with her, just to give her some peace.

1 comment:

Nadine, Chewy and Lilibell said...

Chewy had a cone when he got neutered, we only kept it on him 1 day before taking it off - the poor thing kept bumping into things with it! With Lilibell, her cone came off the night she came home and never went back on. We always kept an eye on them, but they never licked their wound area and we also kept a close eye on the area to make sure it wasn't getting infected. And if I remember correctly, my friend Lisa didn't keep a cone on her Chi, Sally Jean, either when she got spayed and she healed fine too.

Glad to hear she made it okay!