Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Chihuahuas And Feelings

Soon, my darling teen daughter will be leaving home. She just finished high school, and has joined the Navy. I am wondering how, or IF it will affect my little chihuahuas. Do they have feelings? They seem to, because they wag those tails with all their might, when I come home from being out runnig errands. Chihuahuas seem to bond to one person in the family, but MY chis seem to like everyone in our household. They favor me, but love our family members as well. I wonder if they will sulk or show any saddness after my daughter leaves. She will be in boot camp for a good 2 months, as well as schooling for another 5 months and will be gone quite awhile. I know they will remember her when she comes back home, but I am wondering, if what, kind of emotions do they have when a family member leaves ? They don't seem to have any sense of time, so maybe once she comes back in the door, it will be as if she just left? Anybody have any ideas on this?

2 comments:

Nadine, Chewy and Lilibell said...

I am a firm believer that yes, dogs do have feeling! I can especially see feelings in Chewy's face, as he has a very expressive face. I do know that they say dogs "live in the moment" but don't know if that would apply to a family member leaving for an extended period. Sometimes if me or the father leaves, Chewy will sit on the bench and look out the window until we come home. And Lilibell gets very upset when Chewy leaves the house, she'll sit and cry until he comes back home. And they do say that a dog will become depressed if his/her owner passes away. So I guess what I'm trying to say is, I really don't know and we'll just have to wait and see how your two react when that time comes!

LivingSoAbundantly said...

Wishing your daughter the best! What a service she is giving to our country! You must be proud. :) I hope your little ones adjust to her leaving. I saw your blog from Blog Mommas.
http://livingsoabundantly.blogspot.com/p/give-back-thursday.html