Monday, May 03, 2010

Losing A Beloved Pet

With Prissy gone now, the house is terribly quiet. Yes, Shorty and Abbey are here, but it's just not the same. No more heck-raising, no more demands from my sweet Prissy dog. But I am so thankful for the time that I had her. The bad thing about losing a beloved pet is your heart aches for that special love you had and miss them like crazy, but somehow, time kicks in and the pain isn't as hard as it was at first. I know that one day, I will have another chihuahua puppy and love it just as much......but it's soooo hard when you lose the ones you have already.

2 comments:

Nadine, Chewy and Lilibell said...

I'm glad to see that you are somewhat doing better. Yes, the pain will lessen with time, but I don't believe it will every fully leave you. I still have that pain sometimes when I think about my Phoebe who passed 2 years ago. But you will have all of the wonderful memories to make you feel better.

Tiffany and the Munchkins said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I know how heartbreaking losing a beloved pet. I went through it in 2007 when I lost my baby boy Tiny (he was a Chi too). He was the light of my life and I loved him like a child. It has taken me a very long time to get over his death and I'm still not 100% over it, but I find that I remember him more now with a smile than with tears. My heart still hurts for his loss, but with time, it does get easier.
I am sending prayers your way. I hope that your other two babies can help your heart to heal like my sweet munchkins have done for me.