Here are some of the reasons that shots are important for our little ones....I do, however, recommend that you talk to your vet Dr. first to find out how often they need these shots. Some of these are combined into one shot to make it more simple to get.
1. Distemper......very contagious, about 80% die no matter what is done for them.
2. Parainfluenza, Bordetella..... Canine cough which can eventually lead to pneumonia and death.
3. Giardi......... a serious intestinal infection caused by a microscopic parasite.
4. rabies.... a deadly illness that will kill an infected pet.
5. coronavirus...... this is the 2nd leading cause of viral diarrhea in dogs of all ages.
Heartworm prevention is important because one single mosquito can bite your pet and cause it to develop worms in the heart.