Monday, May 24, 2010

Prissy's Ashes

When Prissy passed, the vet gave me a choice of just taking her home and burying her in my yard, or having her cremated. I decided upon the cremation because I just could not bare to see her after she passed. She was so loved and I didn't want to see her without any life in her, especially since she was always so frisky and playful. I got a call from the vet office and went and picked up her little box, that was inside of a blue bag, which had her name embroidered on it. I spent a few moments in rememberance all over again, but knew that I had done everything that I could to try and save her. Why do our pets only live a small fraction of our lives? Is it so that we can share our lives with several pets? I don't know, but all I can say now is that she was loved very much.

1 comment:

AnaVar said...

I'm sorry for your loss. I guess pets are smarter than humans and we'll never know why they don't live longer. Pets can teach us lots of things and maybe this is why we have an opportunity to have more pets in our life. It's your decision when you'll be ready to have another one. When I get my second dog, I felt like I could never love him as much as I did my first one, but after a while, we made a really strong connection and I would never give him away!