Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Bella's First Trip

Tomorrow I am going to go and visit my grown kids and families out of state, luckily it's only 6-7 hours drive and I have made the decision to take Bella with me. Normally, I don't like taking the dogs on trips like that, but in this case, I think it's a must. Shorty and Abbey are older and are used to being out and roaming around the house freely all day, but Bella, well, that's a different story. I had finally decided that when I go out on errands for an hour or so, Bella is able to be with the other 2 dogs because she is potty trained well and I don't have that worry, however....... I have just found out that she has been CHEWING! ....and I mean EVERYTHING. My computer speaker wire is about gone, as well as 2 of my cell phone charger wires, my vaccum cleaner cord, and last but not least, my internet wiring for my computer. I moved my computer up to a higher location, but some of these cords are not moveable. She must be getting bored when I am gone and deciding to find new chew toys, even though she has plenty. So, I am going to take her with me. I don't want to leave her out all day without any supervision, geez, you'd think she was a child...lol.
I have my son doing the feeding and watering and changing the pee pads but he works very long hours and I just don't think it's a good idea to leave her roaming free willy. What to do about puppies and chewing? Most everything is up now but I still think she will find something to chew on, so she is going to be taking her first trip, and I sure hope it all goes well.

1 comment:

Nadine, Chewy and Lilibell said...

Miss Lilibell was a chewer when she was a puppy, but she would chew wood! We had just replaced the baseboards in our living room when she came home to us, and there are two chewed up spots on them now, not to mention one leg of my cooking cart. I had to go and buy bitter spray to break her out of that bad habit!