Thursday, October 11, 2007

Those Pesky Fleas AGAIN

I am here to tell you, that once those fleas start, they are horrible to control. I am so tired of using the traditional methods of flea control....seems to me, that they do not work very well. Actually, they might if I lived in a cooler climate, but since I am in Texas, and it is very humid here, it's hard to deal with the fleas. The traditional flea drop to the neck just does not last but about 2 weeks on my dogs, and it gets to be quite expensive. I also have been bathing them to aleviate the problem but it just seems to cling to my poor doggies. I took all the blankets off the couches today, vaccumed the sofas, washed all those blankets, the dog beds, and their blankets and vaccumed the carpets really good, in hopes that this will help some. I am seeking some natural methods of flea control but I have read many, many reviews speaking badly toward the flea control from natural drops on the neck. I am still looking so if anyone out there has any ideas, I would surely love to hear them.

1 comment:

Kathleen Marshall said...

I had someone tell me once to use powdered sulfur to repel fleas and ticks. The lady that told me would fill a little bag made from old pantyhose.

She kept it in a dish and would "powdered" her dog and cat with it regularly. She swore it worked and this was in Arkansas.