Sunday, July 05, 2009

No More Fleas!

That's right, no more fleas to worry about over here. After spending countless dollars on so many products we finally found what works here for us. Treating the yard is extremely important. The lady at the vet clinic told me that they reccommend a product called "over and out" which is supposed to be good for ants but great for fleas too. I also treated my carpet with food grade DE and some of that 20 mule teem borax that I got off the laundry isle at the grocery store. DE is found at many feed stores, just make sure IF you use it, it's food grade, and put your puppies up while putting it into the carpet. And I think that since Abbey went to the vet and they said she was elible for the confortis pill, that has worked wonderfully....and no side effects for her, but there are some in many dogs so always check things out before doing it. Today is hot and my dogs are all lazying around taking it easy.

2 comments:

Tiffany and the Munchkins said...

That's wonderful news! Fleas are such pesky little creatures. We don't have any problems with them, but my in-laws do. Their yard at their river house is totally infested, so whenever they are there, Beemer (their Chihuahua) ends up with fleas all over him. And they end up having to bathe him several times a week. I will pass on the success you have had getting rid of your infestation and hope they take your advice. I've been trying to get them to treat the yard for a while now. Thanks for the tips!

sam said...

I understand the frustration with fleas, but have finally got the problem sold with my cat and dog, i use frontline. but i have to sue the spray one not drops as Poppy (my chihuahua) is so small. It's great having no fleas.